Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Bouquet For Mom

by Gale Sears

My mom loved nature and adventuring. She died three years ago and I miss her. But whenever I take a hike in the mountains or through a meadow filled with wild flowers I feel close to her.

It's the week before Mother's Day so, in honor of my sweet mom, I'm sending pictures of beautiful blossoms to celebrate. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm going to limit my own puny attempts at description and let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy!



























3 comments:

Jennie said...

You've been to Thanksgiving Point too. Gorgeous flowers!

Anna Buttimore said...

Thanks Gale, lovely pictures!

Jeri Gilchrist said...

Gale, my mother LOVED flowers. Such beautiful pictures!
I miss my mother too. I lost her to cancer just over five years ago and on certain occasions, it's just as painful as the day she left. But there are things that make me smile too. My memories are priceless.

The tulips are gorgeous! There is a place in Denmark where there are vibrant tulips of every color imanginable. Your pictures reminded me of her/that.

Thank you for sharing.