Thursday, February 23, 2012

Words of Wisdom for Today

I will not be so bold as to offer words of wisdom from my own brain, though I do have a few gems, like..don't give a cat a bath. Instead, since most of my offerings follow that pattern, I will offer true words of wisdom from our sixteenth president, Abraham Lincoln.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

"Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built."

After listening to our national politicians for many months, I think most could take a lesson from Honest Abe.

No comments: