Sunday, August 10, 2014

Not" Never on Sunday", But "Always on Friday!"

If asked to describe my life, my initial response would be I'm rather a stay-at-home person. I love being at home and especially love days that I don't have to leave my house. Then why is it that every other Friday when it is my turn to blog, I'm out of town!



July 25th we were in St. George for Glenn's siblings reunion, which by the way was lots of fun. We saw two shows at Tuacahn: The Wizard of Oz and The Little Mermaid. Both excellent, though I did love Mermaid more as they used that versatile stage to great advantage for the water portions. Really excellent productions! We drove up to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon - my favorite side - and had lunch in the Grand Lodge. None of the rest of the family had ever been there so we got to introduce them to one of the great wonders of the modern world that is so conveniently close. Also enjoyed the cooler temperatures at the top: it was 110 in St. George when we saw The Wizard of Oz!

On August 8 I was in Valencia staying with grandsons. No time for blogs, even if I could figure out how to post with an iPad! I'm sure it is possible. I'll just have to figure it out since it appears I'm doomed to be out of town on my turn. So today I'm posting three days late - but I'm posting!

In the last three weeks, I've spent the greater portion of those weeks out of town - the siblings reunion, then back to Utah the next  week for the sealing of a grand-niece in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. Time with my sister was the reward for that quick trip - up and back in four days. Two days there, two days on the road! I did listen to Alexander the Great - about 20 CDs - historical non-fiction that made the miles fly by!

This last week I got to spend time with two grandsons, taking them to their high school and junior high registrations, buying school supplies, then acquiring the essential paint colors to surprise parents with a new paint job on walls and furniture. Parents were happy with the walls - not so happy with blue and yellow dressers and book case. Grandson assured me it was okay. Mom wasn't okay with it.  :( Maybe I won't be invited back the first week in September when they have to go to Hong Kong - a mixed blessing! Love helping out and being with the kids, but come home totally exhausted and hubby misses me!

I know I need to take a cue from Jennie - post before and have it appear on my date, but I haven't figured that out yet either.  My failings are obvious - technologically impaired! But I am an enthusiastic tour guide and accomplished painter and decorator of cultural halls for wedding receptions, so maybe that will all even out in the end! Especially if I can get my grandsons to teach me how to do all this technological business! I promise to try harder to post on time!!



No comments: