Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Reflections

It is the end of Christmas day, and hubby and I are brushing our teeth and climbing into bed. There are no visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads, or sounds of reindeer on the roof. There are no carolers on the doorstep or last minute wrapping to be done--all that is finished. The family has gathered, the feast has been eaten and the presents exchanged. Now it is time for rest and reflection.

As I put my thoughts to paper, images of the past several days surface and I find myself smiling. It was a joyous few days: we went shopping with a desire for simplicity, we found most of the store clerks friendly and 95% said "Merry Christmas" as we finished our transactions, we participated in religious services which honored the Christ child, we read the scriptures with more pondering, and we turned our short comings and ill feelings over to the kind Judge of the World.

We let pestering things go. We held precious memories close. We found ways to serve. It truly was a tender Christmas. And, when we woke up to a winter wonderland on Christmas morning, we were filled with a sense of childhood wonder. It was true Christmas Magic.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas. I would love to hear some of the highlights!

No comments: