Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Good Things to Come

I tried to gather my thoughts together, wishing to come up with a topic to blog about.

I have to admit I had one post I had previously started, knowing my turn to blog was fast approaching. However, as I tried to finish it, nothing really came out sounding the way I wanted it to.

Instead, my mind kept wandering to other thoughts. That is, that so many of my dearest friends, or their families, and even members within my own family are facing many difficult challenges at this time.

While each and every one of us hold each other in our thoughts and prayers, often times I feel so limited with my words to offer comfort and support.

So, I went searching. It was fairly easy thanks to modern day technology (the internet) and that great Church site we have – lds.org. I found a message from Elder Jeffery R. Holland entitled, Good Things to Come.

When I listened to this wonderful message, it made me smile, it touched my heart, and it gave me a sense of renewed hope. I found strength and comfort. It was a gentle reminder, and one I needed to hear at the moment.

To all my friends and loved ones who are facing their own set of challenges, I hope you know how much I love you and that I care. It is my hope that Elder Holland’s message uplifts you the same way that it did for me.

2 comments:

Cheri J. Crane said...

Jeri, thank you for this inspiring message. What a much-needed boost for us all. ;)

Gale Sears said...

Thank you, Jeri. It was perfect.
Love you, Gale