Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Seattle Woman Magazine: 10 Ways Smart Women Sabotage Their Lives, Careers and Relationships

Seattle Woman Magazine: 10 Ways Smart Women Sabotage Their Lives, Careers and Relationships

Women wear many different hats and play many different roles throughout the day. Many are a wife and a mother, sometimes step-mom, some a single mom. We are daughters, sisters, aunts, cousins, friends, neighbors, work associates, teachers and ward members. We clean, repair, cook, organize, shop, drive, wash, scrub, and manage about thirty other tasks, all in the same day. We are expected to take care of our husbands and families, keep our houses clean and orderly, fulfill our callings, be involved in PTA and community events, and scrapbook.

Did I mention that we were supposed to also take care of ourselves?

Hmm, it's kind of hard to fit that in sometimes, isn't it?

My daughter came across this article in a newspaper in Seattle and shared it with me. As I read it I found myself nodding in agreement and stopping occasionally to ponder some of the statements. Basically the article talks about the ways we, as women, don't reach our full potential because of self-defeating actions. I've always believed that once we recognize personal weaknesses and understand them, we can overcome them and actually turn them into strengths. Ether 12:27 tells us this exact thing, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

I fully believe that women have incredible abilities and capacities to be a force of good in the world. Especially when we focus our energy on the same thing. If you are feeling discouraged, unappreciated, or frustrated, I hope you'll take a look at this article. Hopefully you'll come away from it feeling energized and encourage. You have greatness inside of you, a divine nature. I just thought I'd remind you, in case you were so busy you'd forgotten.

No comments: