Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Christmas - Ready or not, here it comes!

The holidays are upon us. And upon each other. Debates of whether it is wrong to use up store shelf space for both Halloween and Christmas decorations abound. Some say, "Yes! It's easier to shop for both at the same time." Others say, "I wish we could enjoy the holidays one at a time." No matter where you stand on the issue, trick-or-treaters will soon be at your door, then you'll be carving a turkey and eating pumpkin pie, and then "tis the season to be jolly."

My 11 year-old has already submitted her Christmas list to me. Today it snowed. No matter how much I don't want to have the stress of shopping for the holidays, I can't stop Christmas from coming. (Sound like any beloved Christmas character?)

One of the best parts of the holidays is being with family. Family traditions are a big part of Christmas. Every family has their own way of celebrating the season. One thing our family enjoys is popping popcorn and watching Christmas movies. The following is a list of the top Christmas movies of all time. At the bottom I'm adding some of the Bell Family favorites. If you feel so inclined, please post a fun tradition you have at your house!
1.
Babes in Toyland, or March of the Wooden Soldiers (1934)
2.
The Bells of St. Mary's (1945)
3.
The Bishop's Wife (1947)
4.
A Christmas Carol
5.
A Christmas Story (1983)
6.
Frosty the Snowman (1969)
7.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
8.
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
9.
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
10.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer(1964)
11.
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town (1970)
12.
White Christmas (1954)

BELL FAMILY FAVORITES:
Elf
Home Alone 1 and 2
Jingle All the Way

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I can't believe Rachel is 11. Do you know what that means? Sheesh. How have the last 11 years passed so quickly?

And thanks for the reminders of movies. Can you believe I haven't seen Elf yet? But since I have house guests, I think I'll put a few Christmas DVDs on to play and let them infuse our house with some holiday warmth.

Hugs,
Valerie