Thursday, October 7, 2010

VOTE






I love being an American. I love this country as the founding fathers envisioned it. Yes, I'm a woman and I couldn't originally vote, but the founding fathers made provision for that with amendments. They were good men--divinely inspired by Providence to create a seventeen page document that would stand the test of time--and it has for over 200 years. But now? Now I'm nervous about the direction this very progressive President and Congress full of Democrats are taking this country.
I've always been a conservative because I don't like Big Government. I truly do believe that when men (or women) get too much power they become prideful. They begin to feel that they have the answers for everything and that the voice of the riff-raff is unimportant. Add to this arrogance a seemingly never-ending stream of money, and you've got trouble.


In their wisdom, the founding fathers integrated checks and balances into the power structure. This is a very good thing. But, when the Executive branch and the majority of Congress are in lock step with one ideology...it is a very bad thing.

November 2, with mid-term elections, we have the opportunity to bring balance back into the system. The voice and vote of the people need to be heard and counted.

Please vote on November 2.

1 comment:

Cheri J. Crane said...

What an inspiring post, Gale. We are truly blessed to live in a land of freedom. Here's to preserving that way of life.