Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bits of Wisdom

I have a file snuggled into my file drawer between Bathroom Renovation and Budget, entitled Bits of Wisdom. When I hear or read a gem of thought that inspires me, or makes me laugh, I write it down and toss it into my Bits of Wisdom file. And, I will boldly confess--sometimes I tear a thought out of a magazine at the dentist's office. Confession is good for the soul. Did I read that somewhere? It's probably in my file.

When I get discouraged or need a thought to cheer me or someone else, I go to my little treasure trove of truths and pluck out a pearl of wisdom to help me through the day.

I'd like to share some gems with you.

One who makes a mistake and does not correct it, makes another mistake. Confucius

You may be the only scripture some people ever read.

Against every great and noble endeavor are a thousand mediocre minds. Einstein

The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But, maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself.
Thomas S. Szasz

The highest form of wisdom is kindness. The Talmud

If God is your co-pilot, SWAP SEATS!

So, I hope there was something there to lift, inspire, or make you laugh. Have a great day!

No comments: