Friday, December 12, 2008

O’ Christmas Tree!


by Gale Sears

Christmas memories for me are filled with pine. I think of the wind moaning through the pine trees on a cold winter’s night, and waking up to deep stillness, knowing that outside Mr. Winter had laid down the first gleaming snow of the season. Peeking out my bedroom window I’d see the pine needle fingers cupping great puffs of white. I’d sit in my jamies by the fire as the pine logs crackled in a merry blaze. My mom would decorate the mantle with giant Sugar Pine cones, and, oh the wondrous smell of the fresh cut pine tree gleaming with all our treasured Christmas ornaments. Yes. I have precious memories of Christmas in the High Sierra’s. The years have flown by since those carefree days, bringing adventures and challenges, but each time I snowshoe through a pine forest or hang a pine bough wreath I am reminded of how good life really is.

2 comments:

Michele Ashman Bell said...

Your blog painted such a wonderful pictures in my mind. How magical and fun!

Cheri J. Crane said...

What wonderful Christmas memories. =)