Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Gratitude List

What I wouldn't give for a wonderful story or something really profound to offer today. All I have is a heart full of gratitude. These are the things I'm grateful for these days:

*a healthy family
*a warm house
*luxuries like a tv, internet, phones
*a car that works
*food in my kitchen
*books, lots of books
*knitting needles and yarn
*pens and paper
*music
*education
*my Heavenly Father and His Son

I'm sure I will go through the day and think of dozens more items to add to the list, but I am just so grateful for the basics of life and the little things that make it so rich. I am a blessed woman and I try to be aware of that every day.

This time of year is such a good time to reflect on the past twelve months, to consider what worked, what didn't, and what we'll try differently next year. Celebrating the birth of the Savior is the perfect way to end one year and gives a good perspective with which to approach the next.

I am grateful for so many, many things. Thank you to my friends online and in real life. You enhance my life in ways you can't imagine. My love to you all!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

What a lovely post, Nancy. Your list if very like mine (although I don't have yarn and needles - I could have if I wanted to - I'll switch it out for my kitties :-) My resolution for now, and this year, is to be grateful everyday for something, and even on those days when my car decides not to cooperate, I have the rest of the list to be grateful for, and as you said, as we go through each day we can probably add more to our list. A good reminder which for some reason, I can never get often enough. Thanks and happiest of holidays and the best blessings to you.