Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beautiful October



I live in an area of the United States where there are four distinct seasons, and although the snowy winter and hot summer often stay longer than reason dictates, spring and fall normally parade in splendor. Such is the case with autumn this year. The temperatures have been mild, and because we had such a wet spring, the change of color in the leaves has been breathtaking.


I took a walk in the mountains the other day and found myself assaulted by color: the vibrant reds of the Maples, the luscious oranges of the Ash and Oak, and the delicate yellows of the Aspens. There was a Robin's egg blue sky and a soft breeze. The sojourn was well worth my time and soothing to my soul.


I've tried to share a little of the glory in a picture, but I'm afraid the feeling won't transfer. Perhaps it's time for a walk in nature?


3 comments:

Jennie said...

The only thing that rivals the beauty of early fall is the splendor of spring. Those two seasons make winters that are too cold and slippery and summers that are too hot and dry worth the wait.

Stephanie Black said...

I love autumn. We used to live near Boston, and experiencing a New England autumn is an incredible thing. Fall here in CA isn't quite as gorgeous--but the winters are sure a lot better! :)

Cheri J. Crane said...

I love fall, too. And Gale, your picture is gorgeous.