Wednesday, January 4, 2012

RESOLUTIONS! Is this the year I finally keep one?

Every year I start off with such high hopes and high expectations to reinvent myself and make improvements in my life. By the third week of January I begin to slip and by February I'm usually back to my old habits.

But not this year!!! (I know, I know, famous last words) This year I'm going to make a resolution and keep it. Because I only have one resolution.

To do better.

Yes, that's my resolution. I know it is vague and there are absolutely no parameters or possible ways to measure improvement, but hear me out. I already know what I should be doing. And most of the time I do "pretty good" with the really important things in my life, but I need to just do all of them better. Temple attendance, reading scriptures, being organized, consistently writing, balancing my duties and time with my family, keeping up with my housework . . . the list is quite long, but these are all things I strive to do daily, I just need to do them better.

I googled TOP TEN RESOLUTIONS and have to say I was impressed with the list. If the list is a representation of what people really care about then maybe our world really isn't going you know where in a handbasket.

Here is the list.

1. Spend More Time with Family & Friends

2. Fit in Fitness

3. Tame the Bulge

4. Quit Smoking

5. Enjoy Life More

6. Quit Drinking

7. Get Out of Debt

8. Learn Something New

9. Help Others

10. Get Organized

Let's make 2012 the year we really accomplish the things we set out to do. Just think how much better our world would be if everyone kept their resolutions?

Good luck! And Happy New Year!

No comments: