Thursday, May 22, 2014

PICTURE ME WRITING

 
 
 
On a beautiful day like today there are so many things to distract me from writing. The deck seems particularly inviting. 
And I need to check on the plants I planted in barrels along the east fence.

There's a peek-a-boo look at the wild rose along the back fence.

 
And all those bright red petunias are taking hold at the top of the rock garden. It seems so good to be gardening again, though I've discovered there are similarities between writing and gardening.  From the first early seeds of a story, I love watching it grow.
 
Just as there are all kinds of interruptions to my gardening, there are interruptions to my writing.  sometimes a visitor shows up.

 
Sometimes I get so carried away with the grand vista, I don't pay enough attention to the details.

 
Other times something amazes me.

 
There are close-ups.
 
And sometimes something is left dangling.

 
I guess I'll write awhile, then I'll garden awhile, then I'll go pick up a grandson from school.  Why can't more days be like this!

No comments: